.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Two Times a Week- I wish....


Dirty minds; I'm referring to blogging. The past month has been a series of late nites at the studio finishing all the things I want to finish for my show. Though I'm exhausted, the last month has got my creative brain going in over-drive. Always one to take on too many projects at once- I had to sit down with myself last night and say- self, not every last idea needs to manifest itself for this show. Take it easy- do what you wanted to do & save the new ideas for things to come. It's hard- as an artist we constantly want to out-so ourselves before we have even finished the thing worth out-doing. It's important to spend time with your work & let it fester for awhile inside your head before you decide it's time to re-invent your idea again, even better. I somehow feel that it's this time- the 2000's, that make us jump from one thing to the next- always searching for something better, and never quite satisfied with what we have in front of us. It always has to be bigger, flashier, hipper than the next guys. The creative days are few and the competitive days are many. Internet searching of what is going on NOW, has replaced leisurely reading of historical events in the past. What are we all rushing for. Life is beautiful, but only if you take time to notice it- and take a moment to share it with someone. With that, I urge you all to go outside- it's freakin' beautiful today and then go rent Manhattan by Woody Allen. I watched it in the wee hours of this morning and it refreshed my attitude towards life. That man is nuts, and I love it!

image: sneak peak of decor(ate)
for more sneak peaks of my show check out my girl joy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait for the show. Woody Allen is a dirty old man.