.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Scene & Heard: Art




I was walking around my old hood the other day & decided to cut down 4th street (Fabric Row) and just see what was going on in the windows of the various stores. I came across the Falling Cow Gallery whose window I had peered through a few months back as Candy Depew was installing her work. I never actually made it inside the gallery for that particular show- and then, due to an over-whelming amount of work I took on the past few months I am finally just now getting my butt over there. Which is fine with me because I caught a glimpse of a really great show. You'll have to be quick though- it's over tomorrow! Imagined Heritage features the work of Alana Bograd, Caroline Falby and Fay Ku. The surface quality, attention to detail and intimacy of all three artist's work is beyond satisfying. I suggest you add this place to your list of "places to see good art" here in Philly. Their next show looks equally as promising! I'll keep you posted.

image shown: Torch Girls drawing by Fay Ku

No comments: