.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Favor: Communication




I have a favor to ask. The next time you find yourself in conversation with someone- and it is not going smoothly, would you mind writing it down and sending it to me? I am compiling a bunch of scenarios where people feel that they are being mis-understood. I am interested in how words mean one thing in one tone of voice and a whole other thing in another tone. I am also interested in the use of e-mail and text messaging as a form of communication that involves no actual contact via voice or body between two (or more) people. If you feel as though you have one of those "communication" situations; pass it my way. Feel free to change names to keep the innocent protected! This will be on-going for awhile- so if nothing interesting happens for a few weeks- I can wait! Ideally you would e-mail me (jessicarit@gmail.com) these situations... other arrangements can also be made! Thanks so much! And, spread the word- your friends communication issues are also welcome!

image from Woody Allen's Manhattan

1 comment:

Paul said...

Wow, between students and teachers especially, art school is full of these scenarios.